Friday, October 16, 2009

New Trojan Horse Virus - Be careful!!


Ask me how I know ...

Unfortunately, my computer got this awful virus Thursday morning. It came out of 'nowhere' and I watched it download and couldn't do anything about it. And, I had just checked to see if my system security was up to date. It was, so this came with an email from someone. I can't back track to find out, because it wiped out my computer. Actually, it locked up my computer and the only way to fix it was to reinstall the operating system. That wiped out my email and all the programs that were installed on the computer. I don't have it up and running yet, but the GMail is still working because it's not stored on the computer. So, you can email me there if you want to and I can check it with my lap top. Since the virus immediately shut down my computer, I'm pretty sure it didn't go on from here.

If your computer refuses to work, and you get the screen shown above - just give up and call your tech person.

No comments:

Post a Comment