Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Don't it Make Your Brown Eyes Blue?

I used to love to listen to country music while I worked on my doll designs. When "Don't it Make Your Brown Eyes Blue" came on, by Crystal Gayle, I always had to sing along (only when alone of course, I wouldn't want to damage any one's ears.)I love that song!

I was born a brown eyed, brunette - both dark brown, same as my Dad. My Mom, however, is a blue eyed blond. Over the years, my hair has dulled some, and gray hairs have sprouted, but that's to be expected. What's not to be expected is that my eyes are turning blue! It took me a while to realize it - then I did notice the transition. They are getting blue from the outside edges toward the pupil, with the area closest to the pupil a light brown shade. My eye doctor said to change the color on my drivers license to hazel... Don't it Make Your Brown Eyes Hazel?? hmmm ... It doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment