Monday, September 13, 2010

Elmhurst Flea and Craft in the rain


I am sooo glad I bought a tent last year!! And it is waterproof! After a year of careful planning and excellent organization by our committee, it poured all morning... The Flea and Craft was supposed to run from 9 to 3, but the rain didn't let up until almost noon. It eased up and teased us a few times, but we weren't sure it was over 'til about noon. About 15 vendors wimped out, but the rest smiled through the rain. The good thing was that I had a place for my car right next to my space, so loading and unloading was easy. As usual, I brought more stuff than I have room to display. My plan is to pack those things that I want for Craft Fairs, and store them in the garage with the tent, tables and chairs. That will make it a lot easier. I can grab the little stuff, and new stuff when I need it. Sounds good - just need to DO IT.



Joey was having fun with Julia, wearing her purse as a hat. He's always been a hat person.

I spent a lot of time watching a young family 'shopping' across from me. Their adorable little girl, about 2 years old, zeroed in on a doll house and played with it for quite a long time. I was so worried that her parents wouldn't buy it - but they did! yea!!





Our neighbor in the building and at the event was Dr. Christy Matusiak. She was having one of her first outings with new baby Evan, only 3 weeks old. When Christy planned this, she didn't know that Evan would be 2 weeks late. She's a trooper, and Grandma Eileen came to help and cuddle Evan. He was a booth magnet for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment