Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Sweetie


This is Bob, (my Bob). The picture was taken on our cruise last year. We aren't taking a vacation until after the Nov. elections*, so it's a long time between.

One of the ways cruise lines make lots of $$ is by taking pictures of you almost every moment aboard (and boarding, and disembarking) ship. They have photographers who follow you around constantly. Then they post the pictures on wall displays on a lower deck that you have to pass through to go to dinner. Of course they are for sale, and it seems to me that the prices have gone up quite a bit since our first cruise 10 years ago. All that is to explain why there isn't a picture of me here. It wasn't very good - so not worth buying. I love this one of Bob, so we bought it, and I scanned it so his kids could have a copy, too. (That might be why the cruise lines charge so much - you don't have to purchase copies to share. Most people have scanners, or family members who do.)

Anyway - Bob's philosophy of life is "Life is easier if you're nice." and he means it. He's one of the nicest people I've ever known and I'm happy to be with him.

*Regarding the Nov. elections, Bob's daughter Kathy Tracy Salzano is running for DuPage County Board. I do hope she wins - she would represent the needs of the 'little people' and not the big corporations that are taking over our country. Bob is her campaign manager. We hosted a 'meet and greet' last night. I'm exhausted, but it went well. Bob wanted to take a cruise this month, but we decided against it because of campaign demands. I think it was the right decision, but I would really enjoy a 'break', like a short car trip to Door County. Oh well ...

No comments:

Post a Comment