Friday, July 24, 2009

House Block #6 is done!!



Well, I'm still behind because No. 7 isn't even started and it's almost time for No. 8 to come out. This house block was a real challenge - my seam ripper was very busy. The little triangles are very difficult for me. I also cut some pieces incorrectly ... grrr. As much as I try, even making little patterns with graph paper, I still seem to make mistakes. I'm determined to finish this quilt, and I'll go back over the blocks once I see them all together. I want to enhance some of them, but didn't want to start that part until I could evaluate them all. Monday - Block 7!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great - your quilt is going to be so neat looking. I've only done two of the blocks so far, so you are way ahead of me. I found the two blocks I put together harder than other quilt blocks so if you are doing these you'd have an easy time with traditional block quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement. Your quilts are fantastic! I'm planning to add some type of detail to the blocks, like embroidery stitches or applique, but I'm waiting to see them all together to decide just what.
    On to block 7!

    ReplyDelete