Thursday, March 11, 2010

Random Thoughts

I just noticed, on the hand dryer in our building, the following notice;

Caution
Hot surface
Avoid contact

and I thought . . . what a perfect choice of words! Concise and to the point. Think about how much time might have gone into planning those few perfect words. Think about how you would have said it . . .

Parking - my need to get a parking spot behind our building keeps me on schedule every day. There is, maybe, a 10 minute window after 8: a.m. before the lot is full. I always plan appointments for the afternoon, so that I don't have to worry about re-parking in employee lot. There is a 3 hour limit everywhere else. Recently, in one of these situations, where I re-parked, I was returning to my car, pressed the button, and - no beep! Then, just as I was about to press it again - the car beeped. I looked at the 'key', looked at the car and reached for the handle. "That's my car!" said a voice directly behind me. Ooops, she was right, of course. That's where my car was, earlier. Mine was a few slots over.

No comments:

Post a Comment