Monday, April 20, 2009

International Quilt Festival - April. 17, 18, 19, 2009

Wow!!

If you're not familiar with the Rosemont Expo Center, I have to tell you - the 5 story garage was full! It's the first time I have ever found it difficult to park. So - imagine how difficult it was to get in the elevator or walk the show floor. I've never seen anything like it! My friend Cheryl and I decided to car-pool, she picked me up at 8 a.m, we parked and walked, and walked, and walked . . . The classes were in a different hotel than usual - waaaay behind the expo center. Going back was easier, because the show floor was open and we shopped our way back.

The show made my head spin. So much to see, I was soon on sensory overload. I didn't buy anything the first night, but have no fear - I made up for it the next day!

There was a wonderful display of award winning art quilts! It took a few pictures of my favorites. Many quilts had signs on them stating that photographing them was not permitted ... sigh ... I'll just have to remember them. The one at the top was made in panels by 10 different quilters in the same club. The one below left has vintage photos of people on each little building. I like the way the one at lower right is connected, and the bright colors used. So many ideas, so little time.



1 comment:

  1. oh, there was so much to see. i didn't end up going back yesterday....oh well, next year...

    ReplyDelete