Friday, May 29, 2009

New Mosaic Quilt in progress


I finished with all the little squares. Now to do some actual quilting stitches over it to enhance the design. Hope I don't ruin it. The picture wasn't the best choice for this work, because it was too well lit, but I love it, so I decided to try it and see what happens. I made it a little more contrasty in Photoshop, but really, to work well a picture has to have more lights and shadows, and just one light source.

So . . . here it is so far. Anybody want to guess who it is?? There will be prizes. No - there won't just kidding!

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness! How many squares? How big is it? I can't imagine the organization needed to keep every litte piece in order! So impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about 18" by 24" made up of 1/2" squares. I started out with 1" squares but it would have been too large. It's hard to find a place to hang something that large. I cut all the little squares in fourths.
    The next step should be to 'enhance' it with stitches. I haven't decided for sure if I'll do that. I don't want to ruin it. I'll need some varigated threads in light and dark shades similar to the squares. Guess I'll have to go shopping!!

    ReplyDelete