Monday, March 16, 2009

Between 'The Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra' and a Bagpipe band, life is grand!


Elmhurst's St. Patrick's Day Parade is the 3rd largest in Illinois - and we were near the end. You may or may not know this, but DuPage County is a Republican bastion and they're (The GOP) trying very hard to keep it that way!!! Parade units are limited to 10 participants, or maybe 20. The GOP had at least twice that many and - they put the Dems behind the horses. Is that making their position clear? I think so. We (First Congregational Church's Green Team Parade Unit) were told to assemble at 11: a.m., one hour before the step off time. We took our first collective step at 1:30!!, took three steps and stopped. We marched, walked, sauntered for many blocks before we got to the starting point. By that time, lots of people were going the other way on the sidewalks on each side. Two of Bob's grandsons, Sean and Ryan Allen, saved the day by joining us and bringing friends. We were very grateful and they made it so much fun for all the little kids watching the parade! The Clutter Bug was a big, HUGE success! One of my favorite friends, and fellow marcher, suggested that for the next parade, Memorial Day, we have 3 or 4 Clutter Bugs, so all the kids could get to see them up close and personal. We'll see about that.


It's the 16th and three people have already posted there New Block #3 on Forevergreen Quilts web site. I just downloaded the block. I guess I know what I'll be doing the rest of the day!

3 comments:

  1. ...looks like fun was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the order for more Clutter Bugs. ;) Oh! I just got it! Clutter Bug! so cute (been following the creation from the start but I am sooooo slow). Now I guess I'm off to check out the new pattern - thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kathleen! If there are to be more Clutter Bugs, I think I will tell others how to make them. I spent a lot of time on the first one, but now I now how, so I can do that. My background is in drawing and writing patterns.

    ReplyDelete